Many people find that post production can be like black magic, but with BlackMagic, you’ll like post production!
Introducing DaVinci Resolve by Blackmagic design.
Did you know that DaVinci Resolve is free? You get a 4K (UHD) editing system with media management, colour grading, sound editing and visual effects compositing all for the price of FREE !!! There’s also a paid version, for higher resolutions and extra bonus features, but the entry point is free.
In this beginners introduction to DaVinci Resolve we shall enter the magic circle and unlock the magic of this incredible suite of tools, covering the following:
• Introduction to DaVinci Resolve
• What are the requirements for Mac / PC
• How does it differ from other NLE packages, the basics
• Practical walk-through - editing together a simple project
• Compound & Multi-camera clips
• Syncing separately recorded sound
• Making it look nice with colour grading
• Making it sound good with Fairlight
• A little bit of visual effects
• Delivering the final project
Did I mention that it’s free? What, no subscription model? What do you mean it works on Mac, Windows and Linux? Can’t be that good, can it? Well it’s good enough for some films you may have seen doing the local circuit like Star Wars, X-Men, Pirates of the Caribbean, Avatar, to name but a few and also regional TV series like The Big Bang Theory and Game of Thrones, but it’s biggest accolade must be the award winning Bristol made film, MERCS (now on Amazon Prime).